Hello, and X & DHCP setup questions...

Hello, everyone --

Well, I finally did it.  I have Debian Linux running on my home system.  I have never used Linux before, though I have been a UNIX fan for all my career.  This is the first non-commercial version of UNIX I have ever used.   I think that the attention and use that Linux is getting is quite exciting, and I want to see more.

I am trying to accomplish a couple of things, now that I have things running....

Does anyone have any quick pointers on how to get started with X Windows?  The X11R6 configuration files are missing in the choices I have made.  Are there Debian packages that contain some new ones?  I have a Pentium II, with an OptiQuest Q71 19" monitor, and super VGA.

Also, I would like to get DHCP running.  I downloaded the standard DHCP package, but the configuration fails. Has anyone done this?  What is the procedure for this?

Thank you!

- Jim