Re: vi GUI for X ?

homega  <homega@vlc.servicom.es> writes:
homega> ~$ vim
homega> :help
homega> Sorry, help file "/usr/share/vim/doc/help.txt" not found
homega>
homega> in fact there's not vim/ (nor vi/, nor nvi/) dir within
homega> /usr/share, and I haven't been able to find that help.txt so
homega> far.  Likewise, vim installed no man pages at all; vi.1.gz and
homega> ex.1.gz are symlinks to nvi.1.gz and nex.1.gz respectively.

Both the help files and the man pages are in the vim-rt package, which
is Recommended by vim.  Try installing vim-rt.

--
David Maze             dmaze@mit.edu          http://donut.mit.edu/dmaze/
"Hey, Doug, do you mind if I push the Emergency Booth Self-Destruct Button?"