Error on Install- mount error with dselect

Hello all.

I'm trying to install 2.1 from a CD that I got from Linux Central.  The
instalation goes fine until I run dselect.  I can choose my installation
medium just fine.  Then I can go through and pick all my packages.  But
then when I choose INSTALL, the CD spins for a minute and then I get the
mount usage message, and then a line that says script exited with error
status 1.  At this point I can't get any further.  I've switched vts and
I can see that the CD was properly mounted.  I've tried unmounting and it
gives me the same thing.  This is my first time with Debian, and I'm
unfamiliar with dselect/dpkg/apt is there a back route that I can use (a
dpkg command) that will install everything?  What's my problem?  My HW is
a home-built P233MMX, Asus mobo, Mitsumi CD-ROM that's run great for me
for the past 6 months (I've been running SuSE), so it can't be hardware.
Is it a bad CD?

Thanks,

Reid G. Ormseth, Esq.