Re: serious ppp problems

>> "RaAA" == Robert and Amy Anuszewski <rla@redrose.net> writes:

RaAA> However, when I tried to dial up my ISP, the troubles began.
RaAA> pon dials correctly, and a connection is usually made.  ifconfig
RaAA> says that all is well and I have been assigned an IP address.

Is the output of /sbin/route OK?

RaAA> However, I can not ping or access any outside site.  The error I
RaAA> receive from ping is that sendto is not allowed.

Looks like ping has the wrong permissions.

ls -l /bin/ping
-rwsr-xr-x   1 root     root        14768 Mar 25 05:55 /bin/ping*

Try pinging the remote gateway (as listed in ifconfig).

telnet 207.25.71.9 80
telnet www.cnn.com 80

will try a connection to the cnn webserver.

$ telnet www.cnn.com 80
Trying 207.25.71.20...
Connected to cnn.com.
Escape character is '^]'.