Re: delay when connecting to a Debian/Linux system

It is probably trying to resolve the IP address of the incoming connection
to a name. Make sure the box has a nameserver listed in /etc/resolv.conf,
make sure that the first name server listed can resolve the IP addresses
of the hosts complaining of slow logins.