Re: pppd success! Now, on to more configuration questions!

Glad to hear that you got PPP working! I had a similar experience on a frend's machine
with RedHat, and I ended up installing Debian to get PPP working. Fetchmail insists on
calling the local machine localhost, so change your /etc/exim.conf to have a

local_domains = localhost:machinename

For example, my machine is called ender, so my line is:
local_domains = localhost:ender

That should fix it. I'd suggest doing a test fetchmail run first,
as I had a problem with all incoming messages being forwarded to my ISP's
smtp server.
--
Stephen Pitts
smpitts@midsouth.rr.com