Help: Install 2.0 on 2nd drive, temp keep 1.3.1

I want finally to migrate to Debian 2.0 from 1.3.1. I have purchased a
new
12.7 Quantum drive, and hope to install 2.0 on it, but leave 1.3.1
temporarily
on the old drive (this drive has win95 on the first partition, and
Debian
1.3.1 and a swap on the next two partitions---I boot from a floppy into
1.3.1). After I am sure I have 2.0 working correctly, I want to delete
1.3.1,
and use that space for backup. I also plan to replace Win95 by WinNT and
use
its boot routine to dual boot (into Linux by default). Can anyone tell
me
whether this is feasible, and any possible roadblocks on the way. When I
am
finished, I would like my 2.0 partition to look like the 1.3.1 partition
does
 now. Will this involve remounting it to /? As you can see, I am a
relative
newbie who has avoided this transition for too long now. Any help would
be
much appreciated.

Albert Hurd