Re: Help with cdwriting

Brian Schramm <schpagesz@pagesz.net> writes:

> I have desided to go back to Debian for my Linux needs.  I am now installing a
> Debian 2.1 box with a HP cd writer drive in it.  This is going to be the main
> purpose of this box.
>
> I know under redhat I used /dev/sgc for the device to access the drive.  I am
> assuming I use the /dev/sg0-9 driver for Debian.  I have the sg drivers loaded
> in the kernel and I see them in the /dev directory but when I run the cdrecord
> program against any of them, it comes back saying that it cannot find the drive.

Here's how I burn CD's with Debian 2.1 on an HP 6020:
cat index | xargs cdrecord -v speed=2 -audio dev=4,0

The dev line is "dev=<scsi_id, lun>", I believe.  You can "look" for your
drive with:
cdrecord dev=4,0 -checkdrive

Don't let the "-audio" throw you - it works the same for data.

I don't know if there's a way to use the "sg" devices or not with the
current cdrecord - I've always done it this way.

Later,
	Dale
--
| Dale E. Martin |  Clifton Labs, Inc.  |  Senior Computer Engineer    |