installing a piece of debian software onto a non-debian linux system

Hi all,

I'm using DsTool 2.0 for linux on a university system (running redhat, I
think).  As debian is carrying a 2.0.3 DsTool I'm wondering how easy it
is to download that and use it on the non-debian system here.  The .deb
suffix slightly frightens me from this point of view.

If you could please respond directly to me as well as to the list I
would appreciate that as I am not on the list.

Thanks,

Colin Rowat
King's College
Cambridge                       tel: +44 (0)468 056 984
CB2 1ST UK                      fax: +44 (0)1223 335 219