Re: elm sending blank mails

Max Kamenetsky <maxk@chinook.stanford.edu> writes:

> No, I haven't tried downgrading yet, though I know that the problem is not
> with the kernel version.  I get the same problem with kernel 2.2.3.  I'd
> also be very surprised if this were an MTA problem because pine works
> fine.  I haven't tried downgrading glibc because that is a major task

Pine and Elm may be talking in different ways to the MTA or feeding it
different types of data.

I'd suggest that you make a full bug report, including version numbers
of everything, log files with as much debugging information as
possible, a sample blank mail, and the like.  Try it with different
kernel versions, different libc versions, etc., replacing things one
at a time until the problem goes away.

> (it's a whole bunch of packages, I'm not even sure where to begin with
> those).  So, is there anyone out there using elm with exim and glibc2.1?
> There's got to be at least one person!

Well, glibc2.1 is a *very* new introduction to unstable, and as such,
is, well, unstable.