set root execution permission for normal users

Hi all!

I have just compiled a kernel for parport ZIP drive support, and now I
would want to get an automatic way to mount and umount the drive. I have
created the next script (/usr/local/bin/mtzip):

/sbin/modprobe ppa.o
/bin/mount     /mnt/zip

and added the next line in /etc/fstab:

/dev/sda4   /mnt/zip   msdos   rw,user,noauto,umask=007,gid=25   0   2

It works fine when I run it (I named it mtzip) as root, but when I run
it as user "conrado" (my Clark Kent personality) it fails:

/lib/modules/2.2.1/scsi/ppa.o: create_module: Operation not permitted
parport: Operation not permitted
mount: the kernel does not recognize /dev/sda4 as a block device
       (maybe `insmod driver'?)

I tried to change the access permissions of the file in order "modprobe"
to inherit root execution permission, but it seems I don't know how to
do it. Now it looks like
-rwsr-sr-x   1 root     users          45 mar  9 20:07 mtzip
(I cannot put an "s" instead the last "x") but the error messages don't
vanish.

--
Conrado Badenas (Assistant Lecturer)
Department of Thermodynamics. University of Valencia