Re: rc.local -> What is the Debian Eqivalent

*- On  9 Mar, Person, Roderick wrote about "rc.local -> What is the Debian Eqivalent"
> I have installed some tars and I need to set some thing to run at boot. For
> example I need to have the followiung to line execute at boot.
>                                     /usr/X11R6/bin/xfstt --sync
> 	                        /usr/X11R6/bin/xfstt&

Why don't you install the xfstt Debian package from slink?  It will
take care of all the necessary steps for you, including a startup
script in /etc/init.d linked from the appropriate rc*.d directories.
The xfstt in hamm is broken and should not be used.

Package: xfstt
 xfstt means "X11 Font Server for TT fonts".
 TT fonts are generally regarded to be the best scalable fonts
 for displays. Applications needing scalable fonts that are to
 be displayed on a screen benefit most.
 This server will allow X11 applications to use the exact same
 fonts as the TrueType fonts used on most Windows Machines.
 NB: This package contains NO FONTS. They MUST be obtained separately

--
Brian
							   - unknown

Mechanical Engineering                                bservis@usa.net