Re: dselect Re: Debian and Redhat - are most linux users missing the point?

On Mon, 1 Mar 1999, Wayne Cuddy wrote:

> If there is one feature that I would LOVE to see in dselect it would be
> to save all the packages I have selected and allow my to load the
> selection on a new system so I don't have to do it everytime.  Maybe
> this feature is already there and I don't know about it...

Wayne

>From dpkg --help:

dpkg --get-selections [<pattern> ...]   get list of selections to stdout
dpkg --set-selections                   set package selections from stdin

I use it like this:

	dpkg --get-selections >  my_selections
	dpkg --set-selections < my_selections

--David Teague
Debian GNU/Linux: Because software should not be expected to crash,
	          and reboots are for hardware and kernel upgrades.