Re: Debian and Redhat - are most linux users missing the point?

Mark Brown <broonie@tardis.ed.ac.uk> wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 28, 1999 at 08:36:38PM +1000, Peter Ludwig wrote:

> > Now, I have a few problems with it.
> > 1) No "IDE" for the compiler.

> Try Emacs or XEmacs.  Don't be mislead by the fact that they call Emacs
> an editor - it's far, far more than a mere editor.  It has support for
> compilation and interactive debugging within an Emacs session, and has
> hooks for using version control systems and syntax highlighting for most
> programming languages you're likely to care about.

Hm, but there are people, that don't want Emacs or XEmacs, because they
prefer some other editor or vim. :-) We got xwpe as an IDE as
Debian-Package and there's also an IDE called rhide[1], but it isn't a
Debian-Package yet. Maybe someone creates one of it.

Ciao
     Christian

[1] http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/~sho/rho/rhide.html
--
Menschen, die bloß arbeiten, finden keine Zeit zum Träumen. Nur wer
träumt gelangt zur Weisheit.                   SMOHALLA (Nez Perce)