Re: Intent to Party like its 1999

Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> writes:

> Hm. I could probably organize a north bay carpool and get most north bayers
> down there, if necessary. But it'd have to start after 6:30pm or we'd
> certinly be late (I can't leave until 5 myself).
>
> The alternative is to just push it back until Tuesday, then we could do it
> after the Debian booth closes, which lets us advertise it at the booth some,
> and ensures that a lot of north bay people are already in San Jose.

There is mass transit in much of the Bay Area.  Personally, I would
prefer Oakland on Monday.  It's closer for Joey (and just
coincidentally for me).  There are a number of nice pubs near BART.
Unfortunately, south bay people don't have real mass transit.

Most people's day may end after the Debian booth closes on Tuesday,
but I have to move to the SETI Institute booth at 7:30.  Actually,
there are sponsors paying for food, drink, and music at Exhibit Hall
3.  Let's assume that they are celebrating the Debian release.  The
party lasts from 7:30-11:00.

--
Kevin Dalley
kevind@rahul.net