Re: Intent to Party like its 1999

On 27 Feb 1999, Kevin Dalley wrote:

> There is mass transit in much of the Bay Area.  Personally, I would
> prefer Oakland on Monday.  It's closer for Joey (and just
> coincidentally for me).  There are a number of nice pubs near BART.
> Unfortunately, south bay people don't have real mass transit.

The only thing we have is Cal-Train. That probably means that if people do
not want to drive, you are limited to the Penninsula or SF proper ...
CoffeeNet is not far from the Cal-Train station and the new Embarcadero
extention of Muni should get you near there from the Embarcadero BART. I
think the last Cal-Train leaves at around 11:30pm that heads south so
again, there are limitations.

Amtrak runs from Great America to Emeryville but there are few trains.

Driving to the East Bay from SJ is a nightmare because of the 880/237
interchange or the bridges, they are jammed from everyone leaving Silicon
Valley after work. People tend to forget how spread out the Bay Area
really is.