Re: StarOffice 5

ojs@rhi.hi.is (Olafur Jens Sigurdsson) writes:

> On 25. February 1999, Damir J. Naden wrote:
>
> > I've installed it simply following the setup provided by StarOffice (part of
> > the download), following the instructions in their README. It worked
> > flawlessly.
>
> I tried to install it some days ago and it frose my X. I havnt tried to
> fiddle about with this but could it be that I run my X in to much color for
> SO to handle it? I run it in 24bpp and my resolution is 1200 times ehh..
> 1000 or something like that, forgott what it is. Any suggestions on what to
> do? I run Hamm btw.

StarOffice hangs on my laptop with only 256 colours, if at the same
time I'm running Netscape that allocates its own colour registers.

The work around is to use VNC to connect to a second X session running
on the same laptop.  In the second session I only run StarOffice.

You may be able to do the same thing to control the screen resolution
that StarOffice runs under.

Cheers,
--
Brett Wuth  wuth@acm.org wuth@telusplanet.net bwuth@cuug.ab.ca
Box 1251-U, Pincher Creek, Alberta T0K 1W0, CANADA  Tel:+1 403 627-2460