Re: upgrading slink -> potato

On Tue, 23 Feb 1999, Bruno Boettcher wrote:

> i am trying to upgrade to potato...
>
> first question, to stay on the safe side, in sources.list the line concerning
> potato should come before or after the slink line?

Mmm, I think there is not any difference, but to really stay on the safe
side, you should not be upgrading to potato, which is supposed to be
unstable :-)

> then selecting some gnome stuff i get:
> gnome-gnometris depends on libaudiofile-cvs0
> libaudiofile-cvs0 does not appear to be available
> gnome-gnometris depends on libesd-cvs0
> libesd-cvs0 does not appear to be available
>
> from where should those files come?

I don't know, but that's why unstable is called unstable.

> and last but not least, is there a non-US for potato easily reachable from here
> (France)?

nonus.debian.org should be easily reachable from France, since it is in
Europe (at least from Spain it is quite reachable).