Re: Exim wierdness

On Mon, Feb 22, 1999 at 05:12:42PM -0500, Jim Foltz wrote:
> > You should still be able to use runq to force an immediate delivery...
> > at least, it still works on my system (slink).
> >
> >    adric@glitch[~]$ which runq
> >    /usr/sbin/runq
> >    adric@glitch[~]$ ls -l /usr/sbin/runq
> >    lrwxrwxrwx   1 root    root       4 Nov 11 06:31 /usr/sbin/runq -> exim
> >
> > Perhaps /usr/sbin isn't in your $PATH?
>
> well, I get an error of: "exim: permission denied" when I run runq as
> a non-root user. smail was not like this. This makes sense, I am just
> used to doing things a certain way.

Oops... it looks like you need to add yourself to group "mail" in order
to do that.  It's been long enough that I forgot all about doing that.

> > If you want to force exim to deliver all incoming mail immediately, you
> > can add "smtp_accept_queue_per_connection = 0" to /etc/exim.conf.
>
> Ok, this helped alot. Maybe I'm warming up to exim a little.

It took a bit of getting used to for me, but then I can't really claim
to be TOO familiar with smail or sendmail either.  I really like how
well it handles address rewriting, tho... fought with smail on that for
quite awhile, and never did manage to get it "just so".