Re: Exim wierdness

Thanks for the reply.

On Sun, Feb 21, 1999 at 09:31:00PM -0600, Gregory T. Norris wrote:

> For non-admin users, exim only displays messages which are owned by that
> user.  Adding "queue_list_requires_admin = false" to /etc/exim.conf will
> allow you (any user, actually) to see the entire list.

Thanks, this is good at least until I'm convinced it's working.

> You should still be able to use runq to force an immediate delivery...
> at least, it still works on my system (slink).
>
>    adric@glitch[~]$ which runq
>    /usr/sbin/runq
>    adric@glitch[~]$ ls -l /usr/sbin/runq
>    lrwxrwxrwx   1 root    root       4 Nov 11 06:31 /usr/sbin/runq -> exim
>
> Perhaps /usr/sbin isn't in your $PATH?

well, I get an error of: "exim: permission denied" when I run runq as
a non-root user. smail was not like this. This makes sense, I am just
used to doing things a certain way.

> If you want to force exim to deliver all incoming mail immediately, you
> can add "smtp_accept_queue_per_connection = 0" to /etc/exim.conf.

Ok, this helped alot. Maybe I'm warming up to exim a little.

--
   Jim Foltz   <aa204@acorn.net>
ACORN techie   <http://www.acorn.net>