Exim wierdness

Hello,

I am experiencing some wierdness with exim. I run fetchmail and download
say 30 messages, but only some of them show up in my mail box. Running
mailq doesn't show anything. The messages show up eventually, magically from
somewhere but I have no way of knowing if all of them made it that were
sent originally.

Where does the mail go in between the time fetchmail delivers it until it
shows up in my mailbox, sometimes many minutes later? How can I know if
all of the mail came through ok if it doesn't show up in the output from
mailq? Is there a way to force exim to deliver any undelivered mail, like
the runq from smail used to do?

I searched the debian user list more than a year into the past for any email
abouot exim and read them all. I mangaged to get exim to rewrite outgoing
mail headers correctly, and setup a .forward for exim (which I have attached.)

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

--
   Jim Foltz   <aa204@acorn.net>
ACORN techie   <http://www.acorn.net>

if $header_x-loop: contains "debian-user"
then
    save $home/Mail/debian-user
endif

if $h_x-loop: contains "debian-devel"