Re: How to give users certain privileges?

kvaughan@bc.cc.ca.us:
> Additionally, it would be nice if they could shut down without my
> intervention.
> Ah ... one other thought.  Ctrl-Alt-Del is a safe reboot as defined,
> isn't it?

Yes (though faster than default).

Linux allows you to have one other combination that works like
Ctrl-Alt-Del; you could use that for the shutdown if you want... I believe
historically it would start up a new console, but Debian has it commented
out, so it does nothing and isn't bound to any key combination.

(If you trust your users, you can also make shutdown suid.)

Jiri
--
<jiri@baum.com.au>
We'll know the future has arrived when every mailer transparently