Re: Archiving Old Messages and Misc Mail Features

> Stephen Pitts <smpitts@midsouth.rr.com> writes:

> > 2. Threads in progress (like the heated Gimp Debian Logo contest debate
> > on debian-devel): I'd like to keep the whole thread intact until
> > discussion ceases. A rm <mailbox> will orphan any future messages from
> > that thread.

> Use GNUs to read your mailing list mail and it can autoexpire articles
> (deleting your local copy) after a time period you configure.

Also mutt can expire articles after a certain time, which is
configurable. I'm using this here and it works great. Here's the
relevant-part of .muttrc:

#
# Tag "old" messages in mailinglists for "expiring" them.
# Simply press "d", after entering one of the folders, iff mutt asks
# "tag-"
#
folder-hook =debian-user$ 'push T~r>1m\n\;'             # 1 months

Ciao
     Christian