Re: Archiving Old Messages and Misc Mail Features

Hi,

On Thu, 18 Feb, 1999 à 04:59:19PM -0800, George Bonser wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Feb 1999, Stephen Pitts wrote:

> > I'm using fetchmail, procmail, and mutt to get/sort/read mail. I've
> >been subscribed to the debian list (among others) for about 2 months, and
> >I just realized I have 42 megabytes of email in ~/Mail. Can anyone
> >recommend a reasonable way to archive these messages, i.e. by two-week
> >intervals or months? I'd imagine that someone who has received this list

I think that it could be done with procmail

> For lists that have archives on the web that will sort by date or thread,
> your best bet is:
>
> rm <mailbox>
>
> The Data Conservation Corps would go nuts knowing how many copies of the
> same messages exist in local mailboxes when they can all be accessed on
> the web.  No need to save debian-user of you have a web browser.

Unless you pay the phone on the duration of your communication (even locale
ones) !

--
 ( >-   Laurent PICOULEAU                                      -< )
 /~\       lcrpic@a2points.com                                  /~\