RE: Setting up FTP

There is a file to edit /etc/proftpd.conf.

There are many many options take, a look at www.proftp.org for the docs.

My main issue was chroot (Not letting real users get above a specific
directory.)

I created a specifc group for these users, and specifed then in the .conf
.

The only odd hiccup was that by default Debians .conf did not allow
overwriting of files.

The install if I remember did create a /home/ftp dir.

*--* Mail: lawrence@otak-k.com
*--* Voice: 425.739.4247
*--* Fax: 425.827.9577
*--* HTTP://www.otak-k.com/~lawrence/