Mitsumi FX001D CD-ROM drv. Need help...

I am hopeing that someone that also has a CD-ROM drive the FX001D can help
me out here, in configuring the cd-rom drive, so that when at bootup it will
be mounted...

If I boot right from the linux floppy disk, when it gets to the point of
mounting my CD-ROM drive I get this:

MCD=0X360,11: init Failed. No mcd device at 0x360 irq 11

But if I let the system boot up using MSDOS, it then loads everything
encluding my cd-rom drive, then once I get the msdos prompt, I insert the
Bootable linux
disk into the floppy drive, and do a soft reboot CTRL-ALT-DEL and then it
boots up using the Linux floppy...

When it gets to the point of loading of the cd-rom drive it then loads in
and shows this:

MCD=0X360,11: Mitsumi Status type and version: 10 D 2 Double Speed CD ROM

It works this way but this is not the correct way of setting it up...

So my device for my cdrom drive is not HDC, the device block is MCD am I
right or wrong...???

With this info how can I have it mounted upon booting up Linux, in the
FSTAB file, meaning the correct way do it...

I have printed out HOW-TO CDROM and it is listed as this for my CD-ROM
drive...

Loadable module support: YES
Device: /dev/mcd,  major 23
Configuration file: mcd.h
Kernel Config option: Standard Mitsumi CDROM Support ?
README file: MCD    This file I have not found????

This driver accepts a kernel command line of the form:

mcd=<ip-address>, <irq>     This I allready no what the I/O and IRQ is
mcd=0x360,11...

Specifying the I/O base address of the card 0x340 and the irq request number
used.

The device file can be created using:

# mknod /dev/mcd b 23 0    I am not sure or understand what the b 23 and 0
means either...

Now I have not tried the above of mknod as of yet, since it also mentoned to
see file mcd for more information on this driver...Now what else would I
need if anything...??? Reading thru the whole CDROM-HOW TO there was no more
info that I could find on this cd-rom drive...

I am not sure what mknod does, and if by doing just what it says would it
mount automatcially when I boot up, or do I need to put something in the
FSTAB file... If so, what would be the correct info to put into the FSTAB
file...

Thanks for any help that you can pass on to me I would appreicate it...

Larry Shields WD9ESU
AX25: WD9ESU@WD9ESU.#SCWI.WI.USA.NOAM [IPGWWI]
AMPRnet: wd9esu.ampr.org   IPaddr: 44.92.0.60
ICQ# 6221703
JNOS 1.11C -- TCPIP/TELNET/FTP