Re: creating 10 disks of Debian

Robert Vollmert <rvollmert@gmx.net> writes:

> Hello,
>
> On Fri, Feb 12, 1999 at 11:26:13PM -0500, mastracco@juno.com wrote:
> > I have downloaded the files recommended to their own directories (e.g.
> > base14-1.exe) - but have only successfully extracted the first two image
> > disks.  I infer from the documenation that 10 in total exist.
> >
> > After trying to create the third - I get a disk that shows now files in
> > Windows 3.1 filemanager.
>
> I think that only the first two disks contain MS-DOS filesystems, the
> others aren't readable by DOS/Windows.

Exactly (I think, they are created by using the floppy device directly
--- more space). You have to use rawrite2 under dos or dd under linux
to write them to floppies.

---
Jens.Ritter@weh.rwth-aachen.de   grimaldi@debian.org
Key ID: 2048/E451C639 Jens Ritter
Key fingerprint: 5F 3D 43 1E 24 1E CC 48  1E 05 93 3A A7 10 73 37