Re: Bootable CD?

tw42227@vub.ac.be (LEJEUNE STEPHANE) writes:

> Hi,
>
> How can I make a bootable cd.
> I've found lots of info about how to make bootable floppy's,
> but couldn't find any info about bootable cd. I presume there are
> some differences as you can't write any info on the cd at boottime,
> whereas if I'm correct, that seems to be required.
> Could anybody point me to some howto's or faq, because I've been
> going through lots of them and could't find any info on the subject.

mkhybrid -b <boot_image>

Note that the boot_image has to be rather early in the iso9660 image,
because some motherboards are only able to boot from the beginning of
the cd (This caused some serious toasting when preparing hamm).

HTH,

Jens

---
Jens.Ritter@weh.rwth-aachen.de   grimaldi@debian.org
Key ID: 2048/E451C639 Jens Ritter
Key fingerprint: 5F 3D 43 1E 24 1E CC 48  1E 05 93 3A A7 10 73 37