PCI MODEM

Hi,

        I had an ISA modem. I've recently bought another
mothem, but it's PCI. The problem is that the system doesn't
recognize it. Windows 98 recognizes it as a modem on COM3,
using IRQ 9. I reconfigured pppd (using pppconfig) to use
ttyS2 (= MSDOS COM 3). Then I used setserial to change the IRQ
(was 4) to 9. But when I type pon, it does nothing. So I look
at /var/log/syslog and there is an error saying something
about input/output error.

        Someone knows how to make my linux box recongize my
modem? (I hate to surf the net with W98).