Kernel 2.2.1

I finally got up enough courage to upgrade to 2.2.1 and compile my own
kernel. Well compiling the kernel was actually pretty painless, except
that I tried to compile everything into the kernel the first time and
made a huge kernel. The second time I took my time and moved lots of
stuff to modules. The result was a small kernel and no zip. After moving
all the files for zip access to the kernel (as mentioned in the digest
archives) I was fully operational. Has any one managed to get a zip
working from modules. Automatic modules loads at boot time failed as did
manually loading the modules after booting up. Is there a bug in the ppa
modules or is it somewhere else?

Cheers Matt