Re: Debian Logo *Idea* Contest! (Delay for painting contest required)

First Andreas Tille writes:

> Once more: let us delay the painting work.  Its time for thinking
> first.  If we could cope with this (or any better idea) then we
> have one aim -- as well as we have one aim in developing the
> operating system.

Next he says:

> to support my idea of "Orca for Debian" I would like to point to
> some very nice pictures which can be found under

So pretty pictures are important after all?  You want to convince people
to use an orca logo with pretty pictures?

I find the idea of of using some animal bad, unless it appears that
there actually exist `debians'.  Debian is software, so the logo should
reflect that.  The important things about the software are that is is
free, and that it is shared among people.  In 10 minutes I could come
up with two logo designs reflecting this.  Please give me a few days to
work this out.  What debian needs is a logo, not a discussion about an
idea for a subject of a logo.

As it was formulated, the logo contest is about an idea anyway.  Your
idea would be `use an orca' with some reasons.  That's fine.  Submit
it, and let others submit their ideas.

Eric Meijer

--
 E.L. Meijer (tgakem@chem.tue.nl)          | tel. office +31 40 2472189
 Eindhoven Univ. of Technology             | tel. lab.   +31 40 2475032