Re: Kanji characters?

Fumitoshi UKAI dixit:
> At Tue, 16 Feb 1999 22:50:09 +0100,
>  <homega@vlc.servicom.es> wrote:
>
> > I have someone who needs to look at some web pages in Japanese.  So far,
> > Netscape shows some strange characters (they look nearly as strange as the
> > right ones to me).  Does anyone know how to do this?
>
> You need to install fonts package for Japanese characters,
> xfntbig package in hamm, or xfonts-cjk in slink and/or potato.
> And for some webpages, it is necessary to configure character set
> in Netscape.  From menu, View|Character Set and select one of
> Japanese (Auto Detect), Japanese (Shift-JIS) or Japanese(EUC-JP).

I had xfntbig already installed, and the rest was so terribly easy that I'm
still laughing at my brother's attempts to do it with the internet
exploder...  the module he downloaded was useless and finally broke down his
system.
He's now begging for me to have an account opened in the debian machine, and
to teach him how to use it.  In a couple of months he will have his box sent
from Tokyo, by then he may already be hooked.

Fumitoshi, thank you ever so much.

P.D.  is there any substantial difference between the various characters
(Auto Detect, Shift-JIS, and EUCP-JP)?

--
Un saludo,

Horacio