Re: Cron examples?

Well, in the (distant) past, I used to occasionally use cron to create a
su account with root priveleges in the middle of the night, and then to
kill it again 5 minutes later.  That wasn't on my own system, though...
:)  Oh, I suppose you're going to tell me that's not what you're looking
for, huh?

Point is, you can use it for anything that needs automating, or that you
can script, as I understand things.  I'm not totally certain about
current cron versions, but in "the old days", the reason cron could
create a superuser account was because cron runs (or ran) as root.  That
kinda removes restrictions on what you can do with it.

Script away, whatever you like.  Then cron it, take a nap, and let linux
burn the midnight oil...

Mac.