System Freaking out

I'm kind of at a loss as to what is going on with my system.  I am
running a slink/potatoe machine with 2.2.1.  I was playing x11amp off of
my cd changer (scsi) when I had a hard lockup (still a mystery as to
why, but something with the changer).  Anyway, this is not the first
time for a lock up, but it had been almost 7 days.

Anyway, I sync'd and unmounted my drives (with the sysrq stuff), and the
system rebooted.  Now, wmmount is segfaulting, x11amp won't run, fonts
seem to be missing.... etc.

Any idea on what to look for or what the problem might be?  There is
nothing in the logs about the lock up.

Tia,

chris