Help. Trying to upgrade to hamm 2.0.36

> o  type make zImage

I got to the "make zImage" command and sat around till the computer got done processing all kinds of stuff.
The last 6 lines printed to the screen were...

as86 -0 -a -o bootsect.o bootsect.s
make [1]: as86: command not found
make [1]:*** [bootsect.o] Error 127
make [1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/kernel-source-2.0.36/arch/i386/boot'
make:*** [zImage] Error 2
coyote:/usr/src/linux#

> Let me assume that you want to start by installing the 2.0.34 sources.

[snip]
Ok, Did this.