SCSI errors on Install

In trying to run INSTALL.BAT off the Cheapbytes hamm CD, it gets to a point
where it tries to scan the SCSI bus and it goes into a loop containing the
following:

SCSI host 0 abort (pid 0) timed out - resetting
SCSI bus is being reset for host 0 channel 0.
SCSI host 0 channel 0 reset (pid 0) timed out - trying harder
SCSI bus is being reset for host 0 channel 0.
(scsi0;-1:-1:-1) Bad scbptr 255 during SELTO.
(scsi0:-1:-1:-1) Referenced SCB 255 not valid during SELTO.
	SCSISEQ = 0x0 SEQADDR = 0x0 SSTAT0 = 0x5 SSTAT1 = 0x88

The drives worked fine on the NT system that was there just an hour ago
(since wiped in favor of a DOS 6.22 install). The drives 1 & 2 (currently
formatted as FAT) seem to work in DOS (I believe 3 & 4 are still NTFS
formatted; at any rate they're not currently readable by DOS, but I believe
they would be if they were FAT formatted).

This is my first experience with SCSI, so I don't know where to begin.

Thanks.