RE: DSelect and ftp

Jiri Baum wrote:
Ah, you have a cable modem... and if it's not really Hayes-compatible,
you'll probably need to adjust the "chat script" that pon is using (most
likely in /etc/chatscripts/ ).

IT WORKS! I noticed that the modem returns NO CARRIER quite often in minicom. I removed abort on "NO CARRIER" from the chatscript and it works, using pon.

Thanks Jiri, and thanks to all other people who helped solving my problem through this list. I hope this is the last e-mail I send using m$-windows.

Once you get PPP up and running, that should solve the dselect problem.

As for the connection from minicom, minicom doesn't set it up as a network.
I think there *is* a way to hand it over from minicom to ppp, but I'm not
sure how, because I've never tried it. I assume one would quit out of
minicom using the `do not hang up' option, log in as root, and then do
"pppd /dev/ttyS0" (or ttyS1). Somebody else actually tried it?

HTH

Jiri
--
<jiri@baum.com.au>
We'll know the future has arrived when every mailer transparently