pausing

I have 3 machines that are Intel Pentium 2 machines, one is a dual
processor and the others are not.  However these machines have a real
annoying pause, it lasts from 2- 15 seconds and happens quite a bit.

This is real annoying, anyone know what could be causing this ?

The dual has it the worst

ASUS Dual Pentium 2    MB
256M ram
6G ide harddrive
Kingston nic with 2114x chip running the tulip driver
pci video (mail server never runs anything but 80x25
serving around 5000 email accounts.

Any help greatly appreciated.

 Regards,                 | Debian GNU/   __      o
 (jeff@netpath.net)       | H U    ...because lockups are for convicts...
 (deasey@netpath.net)     | A X
 (redhat@netpath.net) HOME| T