"Segmentation fault" installing Debian

 Hi,

I have a Compaq Contura 3/25 notebook, 386SL, 6mb RAM, 115mb HD.  I am
trying to install Debian on a second partition created by FIPS.  The first
partition is a 60mb for Dos/Win3.1, the rest for Linux.  However, in the
install routine for Debian, when I try to "partition" the hard disk, the
choice is /dev/hda.  When I hit OK on that, the screen flashes
"segmentationfault" in the lower left and then goes back to the setup prog
like nothing happened.  so I can't install Debian!  =(

How can I get around this?  I can't wait to try it.

Tony