Re: GMT take-over in slink

On Tue, Feb 09, 1999 at 08:57:22AM +0100, Remco van de Meent wrote:
> Robert King wrote:
> > Since I upgraded to slink, for some reason syslog reports all its times in
> > GMT (which isn't a big problem), and cron does its stuff according to GMT
> > (which is a big problem, because updatedb goes off in the middle of the
> > afternoon instead of at 6am, which is a real pain).
> >
> > Does anyone know why its doing this?
>
> It should no happen w/o your confirmation during the upgrade, but however..
> You can change it by running `tzconfig' as root.

Actually, your time zone hasn't changed (so no need to run tzconfig),
but cron and syslog have been restarted (after upgrading) thinking they are in
a different time zone. (It's a known problem on debian-devel with cron,
although I don't remember syslogd being mentioned).

To fix it, just restart those daemons. As root, run
/etc/init.d/cron restart
/etc/init.d/sysklogd restart

Hamish