Re: NON-US means?

On Thu, Feb 11, 1999 at 12:46:08PM +0100, homega@vlc.servicom.es wrote:
> export).  Thus, so far as PGP is concerned, pgp-us and pgp-i should be the
> same (with the exception of the RSAREF issue, which I'm not sure what it
> means, since the international versions do deal with RSA keys).

I don't know the exact situation for PGP >=5, but for the 2.x versions
the international PGP versions was built in two different variants:

US Version: uses RSAREF Library and therefore users are bound to the
            RSAREF license too

internat.: uses RSA-code implemented by PRZ which is faster than RSAREF
           but considered a patent infringement by RSA (only valid in USA)

I guess the situation for PGP >= 5 is similar.

Regards,
Lipo

--
Roland E. Lipovits