Re: 2.2.1

On 10 Feb 1999q, Kenneth Scharf wrote:

> > I'm now using
> >2.2.1 on hamm, also with no problems apart from the >need to change the
> >port
> >on /etc/printcap.
> What software did you upgrade before going to 2.2.1?  Are you running
> anything as modules, and if so how did you configure this?  I
> downloaded 2.2.1 and tried to install it.  My ethernet, scsi, cd, and
> lp were not available (compiled as modules).  My root filesystem is on
> an ide drive, but /usr is on a scsi.  I thought this would work with
> scsi as a module.  Are  you using kmod?
> Thanks for any help.

I'm afraid this won't help much. I don't use modules and I have only IDE
drives. I didn't upgrade any software; it's plain hamm out of the box.

I had no problems installing the kernel on either my DX486/100 Cyrix
desktop or my Toshiba Satellite Intel PII. The only slight hiccup was the
SIOCADDRT warning on boot, now solved thanks to a messsage on this list.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell  -  running Linux Debian 2.0
acampbell@achc.demon.co.uk  http://www.achc.demon.co.uk

"The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on..."   - Edward Fitzgerald (Rubaiat of Omar Khayyam)