Re: MAILER-DAEMON@telmer "DON'T DELETE THIS MESSAGE"

On 10 Feb 1999q, Colin Telmer wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Feb 1999 Ted.Harding@nessie.mcc.ac.uk wrote:
>

> I guess I overlooked the fact that I upgraded pine recently. However,
> in my understanding, these are only required if you pop or imap which I
> don't do. If I am correct, those messages are used to keep track of items
> like which mail has been pop'd so that you don't pop it again. I don't pop
> anymore so I find them simply annoying. Maybe this will be the last straw
> that moves me from Pine to Mutt (although I suppose Mutt could do the
> same). Cheers.
>
> --
> Colin Telmer, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
> <mailto:telmerco@telmer.com>
> <http://www.telmer.com>

It's explained somewhere in the pine documentation; can't remember where.
It never seems to happen now I've switched to mutt. And I've deleted them
in mutt with no dire consequences.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell  -  running Linux Debian 2.0
acampbell@achc.demon.co.uk  http://www.achc.demon.co.uk

"The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on..."   - Edward Fitzgerald (Rubaiat of Omar Khayyam)