Greater than 64 MB memory

I have just installed 80 MB memory ( old was 16, and I added
64 MB ). I am using Debian linux 2.0.2. When the machine
boots up it does not recognize the whole memory ( I believe
it recognizes only about 64 MB. I did man lilo.conf but this
did not have any way of getting it to recognize the extra memory.
The howto in some place says that mem='xxx' should be given,
but where? on the comman line/ or in /etc/lilo.conf? There is
also a warning about having to give the precise number: how
does one find this out.

Any help will be appreciated.

Sebastian Canagaratna
Department of Chemistry