pppd deamon dies unexpectedly

I have tried setting up an internet connection with no success.

Every time I try connecting, I get the message "pppd daemon died
unexpectedly".

It does dial, I hear the initial connection made, and then it quits.

I've used the terminal window to see what the problem is, but it doesn't
show anything.

Configuration is (in X-windows): Service name: msn
                                                        Number:
3280087
                                                        IP address is set to
"dynamic"
                                                        DNS setting is set:
msn.com
                                                        DNS server:
xxx.x.x.x
        (numbers x'd out for security).

Is my problem because Micro$oft doesn't work with Linux?
Has anybody else been able to connect to M$?