Re: workman and sound

On Tue, Feb 09, 1999 at 11:29:31AM -0500, Richard Hall wrote:
>  Do I need to log out and log back in to get the change to take?
Somehow the setgroups call must be executed and only the superuser
is allowed to do this, so this needs to be done by a program running as
root, i.e. login or a suid program.

You could avoid to logout by
exec su - <your username>
and type in your password again. This will only affect this shell however.
If you use X and xdm, only processes started from this shell will have the
group list updated.

> Is there a command that will update my shell without a logout?
What is the problem with logging out? Connected over a modem? Then the above
will work.

Nils

--
Plug-and-Play is really nice, unfortunately it only works 50% of the time.
To be specific the "Plug" almost always works.            --unknown source