Re: workman and sound

On Tue, Feb 09, 1999 at 01:16 +0000, M.C. Vernon wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Feb 1999, Richard Hall wrote:

> > > The proper thing to do is to add any user that wants sound to the audio group.
> > > You stated sound worked, so I assumed it was not a permission problem.
>
> It has to be said that I can only play CDs as root, despite chgrping
> /dev/cdrom to audio, and adding myself to /dev/cdrom....

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you are using shadow passwords just adding
a user to /etc/group manually is not enough, you have to use adduser or
some other method to set it in /etc/group-.

Cheers
	Dave

--
         Dave Swegen           | Debian 2.0 on Linux i386 2.2.1
<dave@recursive.prestel.co.uk> | PGP key available on request