Re: reading /usr/doc files

On Mon, 1 Feb 1999, Martin Waller wrote:

> Use TkDesk (requires X...) and double click on them.  They will be
> automatically opened up and displayed in a window for you.
>

> Martin
>

> >Is there a tool for reading the oodles of documentation in /usr/doc, or
> do
> >I just have to go in there, gunzip, and more?

You can use emacs or xemacs configured to read .gz files or use lynx, mc
or filerunner.

Johann
| Johann Spies                                 Windsorlaan 19              |
| jhspies@futurenet.co.za                3201 Pietermaritzburg             |
| Tel/Faks Nr. +27 331-46-1310		       Suid-Afrika (South Africa)  |

     "Love not the world, neither the things that are in the
      world. If any man love the world, the love of the
      Father is not in him...And the world passeth away, and
      the lust thereof; but he that doeth the will of God
      abideth for ever."             I John 2:15,17