Re: reading /usr/doc files

Hi,
	This might be an ideal solution for you..

  2.2.  Script to view those compressed HOWTOs. Didier Juges,
  dj@destin.nfds.net

  From a newbie to another, here is a short script that eases looking
  for and viewing howto documents.  My howto's are in
  /usr/doc/faq/howto/ and are gzipped. The file names are XXX-HOWTO.gz,
  XXX being the subject.  I created the following script called "howto"
  in the /usr/local/sbin directory:

       #!/bin/sh
       if [ "$1" = "" ]; then
           ls /usr/doc/faq/howto | less
       else
           gunzip -c /usr/doc/faq/howto/$1-HOWTO.gz | less
       fi

  When called without argument, it displays a directory of the available
  howto's. Then when entered with the first part of the file name
  (before the hyphen) as an argument, it unzips (keeping the original
  intact) then displays the document.

  For instance, to view the Serial-HOWTO.gz document, enter:

  $ howto Serial