Re: fvwm2 and xterm placement

On Mon, Jan 25, 1999 at 05:41:01PM +0000, ktb wrote:
> Hey,  "+ I exec xterm -geometry +154+137 &" worked!  Now how do I get
> rid of my initial xterm window that pops up when I first log in?

I had that problem until I created a .xsession file in my home directory,
like this:
	#!/bin/sh
	xhost uswwgp3q
	exec fvwm2
That worked, so I stopped looking into it (there may be a better solution
in your case).  There are lots of ways to configures fvwm[2], which is
both a blessing and a curse.  BTW, I seem to remember that the .xsession
file permissions are important (it must be executable?).  Mine are:
-rwxr-xr-x   1 toumi01  toumi01        30 Sep 11 19:15 .xsession

- MikeT

--
Michael E. Touloumtzis		mailto:toumi01@cai.com
Ingres Product Development